- MSK, in partnership with Reproductive and Maternal Health Consortium Kenya (RMHC-K) partners with the Ministry of Health (MoH) on improving the policy environment for SAC/PAC. A key outcome of this partnership in the recent approval of GAC Guidelines by the Director of Medical Services (DMS) in Q1 2019. MSK and RMHC-K are currently finalizing the PAC Training Curriculum for service providers.
- MSK, in partnership with the Caucus of Comprehensive Sexuality Education (CSE) works towards mainstreaming CSE into the main education curriculum.
- MSK supports County Governments in developing the Family Planning (FP) Costed Implementation Plans (CIP) to ensure that financing for Long Acting Reversible Contraceptives (LARCs) is prioritized and that public service providers are trained to provide LARCs. Some of the Counties include Nakuru and Mombasa.
- MSK, under the auspices of Health Network NGOs (HENNET) holds advocacy forums for lobbying the Government of Kenya (GoK) and the World Bank (WB) to open up the GFF mechanism for the private sector.
- Under the Universal Health Coverage (UHC) MSK, with other BMGF FP grantees, holds forums to lobby for the inclusion of the FP into the Essential Benefits Package (EBP) and the participation of the private sector health facilities in the UHC implementation.
- MSK has entered inform Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with 14 County Governments. The MoU’s outline the key commitments for both MSK and County Government in improving the Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH).
Marie Stopes Kenya has signed two Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the County Governments of Trans Nzoia and Bungoma. The MoU’s formalize MSK’s engagement with the County Governments and structure our operations and describe the commitments of both MSK and County Government.
Marie Stopes Kenya is providing financial support to the World Contraception Day (WCD). At the national level, MSK will support youth entertainment group who’ll give messages on teenage pregnancy issues. Other Online support to be done through the Contact Centre as there’ll be a hashtag trending. MSK is further supporting the following counties on WCD: Kakamega, Trans Nzoia, Kisumu, Nakuru, Kisii, Hpmabay, Nairobi, Mombasa, Kilifi.
Under our SAFE project, Marie Stopes Kenya financial support to African Network for Medical Abortion (ANMA) to hold the International Day on Safe Abortion in Mathare slums on 28th September 2019.
Under our School Health Programme (SHP), Marie Stopes Kenya is holding discussions with the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Education on the dissemination of the School Health Policy (2018) at the County and sub- County level.
Marie Stopes Kenya’s Country Director held an introductory meetings with Country Directors/Representatives from key partner organizations, including: United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), Population Services Kenya (PSK), International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF), Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA), etc to understand the dynamics of Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH)/ Family Planning (FP) in Kenya.
Marie Stopes Kenya held a meeting with Hon. Esther M. Passaris, the Nairobi City County Women Representative in the National Assembly and discussed on areas of joint collaboration towards improving SRH services in Nairobi County. The Hon. MP requested MSK to facilitate a Communications’ training on SAC/PAC for some elected members of Parliament (MPs) and Youth/Community Champions so as to equip them with adequate advocacy and communication skills for effective community engagement.